Thread: Chris Thile - @ UNCW - Wilmington, NC 2.18.10

Default Chris Thile - @ UNCW - Wilmington, NC 2.18.10

Got my tickets the other day, second row! They just went on sale 8/19 and there were plenty of great seats still available as of last week. Just go to the UNCW web site for more info and to purchase tickets. Kenan is a great venue, the sound is usually great and there aren't to many bad seats. It should be a great time. As of right now there hasn't been to much publicity about the concert, but it probably will sell out as the date gets closer, its not that big of a place. Hope to see you all there!
    "They say the ocean, she is a woman, who waits for her man to come home." M.Houser

Default Re: Chris Thile - @ UNCW - Wilmington, NC 2.18.10

Anyone going?
    "They say the ocean, she is a woman, who waits for her man to come home." M.Houser

It was a great show, they play about a 2 hour set straight through playing several songs off their up coming album due in May (on a Tuesday). I really liked all the new stuff, they also played "a cut of the the last album that got cut" that was great. I wish I could remember the name of it and hear it again. They also played two of the movements of the last album (3 and 4 I want to say), Lonesome River (Stanley Brothers - probably my favorite song of the night), Dead Leaves on the Dirty Ground (White Stripes), a Strokes song (?), Wayside, Rye Whiskey, Kid A (Radiohead), How to Grow a Woman, and one or two more. It appeared that it was sold out or at least a full house, the crowd was great and really showed their appreciation, and the band looked like they were have a great time as well. All in all it was a great night!

Wow, 2 replies and they are both by me. I've got to get my arm feeling better and play some more mandolin!

Glad to hear you had an awesome show. They're coming out my way in April.

The song by "The Strokes" you are looking for (if it's not "Heart in a Cage") is likely "Reptilia," here's a clip:

That set of youtube clips says their upcoming album will be called "Antifogmatic"
    Collings MT
    Weber Gallatin Mandocello

Language is the armory of the human mind, and at once contains the trophies of its past and the weapons of its future conquests. -Samuel Taylor Coleridge