Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mandocrucian's Digest

Default Re: The Mandocrucian's Digest

I think mine fell victim to one of my periodic de-cluttering fits. Without those I would have suffocated long ago, but sometimes in the heat of battle make unfortunate choices.

String-Bending Heretic mandocrucian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
    Good day to remind everyone this is the anniversary of the publication of this marvelous little rag. I think it's about high time an issue should appear in electronic form
    No, I don't think that is in the cards. At least once or twice a year, I have this recurring dream that somehow I am in the situation of putting out a new issue or another book. Eventually everything starts going wrong or falling apart in some way, and I think (still in the dream) … "How did I get into this mess?" If it wakes me up in the middle of the night, I don't try to go back to sleep, where I might land back in "part 2". I'll stay awake, thankful for having escaped to the other dimension one more time!

The last few years when I have offered a back issue clearance sale, there was virtually no response at all (maybe one or two people) in spite of the almost giveaway price. Given that situation, I scrapped most of the back issues in order to remove it from inventory and write it off as loss.

But I did keep some. If you are actually interested in these, (and are in the USA), I can offer a package of issues #7-#26 (20 issues) for $33 including the postage. (check or MO.) You can PM for my mailing address if you don't already have (still in Winchester, VA).

This may be a borderline violation of the forum "selling" rules, but I am not actively pushing "merchandise" (it will only get ignored again in the classified). But, if this small one-time mention is "too much", the moderator is free to remove this bit.

Anyway, to my past subscribers, I'm glad you folks liked the rag and gave it high marks for quality of content. Thanks! Tack så mycket! (working on my Swedish)

But, as George Harrison said... "All things must pass!

Niles H

A friend who owns a used bookstore just sent me 4 issues out of the blue. I told him how cool I thought they are and he is sending a dozen more. Score!