Thread: Post here if you've had a POSITIVE custom build experience

Default Re: Post here if you've had a POSITIVE custom build experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Goist View Post

Jason Harshbarger of Highland Strings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raven 2011-07-01-10.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	99473 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raven 2011-07-01-11.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	99474 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raven 2011-07-01-12.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	99475 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raven 2011-07-01-06.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	99476
    those are all lovely, but this one made my jaw drop. i can't stop looking at it

2. The following members say thank you to rb3868 for this post:

I have to put a plug in for Nugget. I have owned four and played dozens. Two were custom orders. To sum it up in one word, Perfection.

I have just recently received a Will parsons Custom F-Style mandolin that is incredible. I originally tested every mandolin Gruen Guitars had in Nashville a year ago. That even included a quarter million dollar gibson loar. One of the last mandolins i picked up was a used parsons F-Style. As soon as i hit the first note, both myself and the three guys helping was wowed. The used mandolin looked rough, so i was curious about having a custom made. After spending a couple of weeks on phone with Will, he was willing to endorse me and make me the custom I was wanting. It took some time, but when I received the mandolin, it was worth the wait. Im involved witht the bluegrass network here in georgia. I took the "green" mandolin over to some firend of mine that sell high end bluegrass instruments. As soon they heard the sound and strummed a few notes, one of them were calling their mandolin player to come and see it. they were touting that it was better sounding than the Gilcrest he was playing. That was in October 2012. it in now march 2013 and I have played alot around the Southeast on my parsons. it has really opened up even more and is unbelievable. Everywhere our group plays, I always get folks coming up and asking what am I playing. I get alot of "that is one of the best mandolins I have ever heard". So to make a long story short.....Will parson is definitly one of the best custom mandolin builders in my opinion. At the end of the day, it is all in the ears of the musician.

5. The following members say thank you to High Point Mando for this post: