Thread: Need some help -- USPS strikes again!

Default Need some help -- USPS strikes again!

I bought the Mel Bay Book J.S. Bach for Mandolin (Bancalari) from a fellow in the Classifieds and the USPS made it a special project to fold the book over especially so it would damage the contents and sure enough, the Postal Service folded the package and split the CD in half so they could stuff it in my mailbox instead of getting out of the mail truck and actually delivering the mail.

<Solicitation for duplicating copyrighted materials removed as per Forum Guidelines>
    Last edited by Ted Eschliman; Feb-22-2010 at 10:26pm. Reason: Board Guidelines

Chief Moderator/Shepherd Ted Eschliman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Need some help -- USPS strikes again!

Sorry for the misfortune; we suggest contacting customer service at Mel Bay rather than violating copyright laws.
    Ted Eschliman

Author, Getting Into Jazz Mandolin

My mail carrier does the same thing. Peeves me no end. Mel Bay will probably work with you better than USPS.
    Jean

Pair of 96 Flatiron Fs

Looks like the seller was a private individual, not Mel Bay.

USPS can be rough on books; I got a pkg once that had tire tracks on it from the USPS truck. Book ws well enough packed that it was only slightly warped.

Perhaps the seller has the disc archived on his computer. I have some of mine there so as to be able to run them thru the slowdowner.
    Jean

Pair of 96 Flatiron Fs

As an ex-postal employee ... may i suggest you take the damaged goods and package down to the Post Office and ask to speak with the Postmaster... NOT whoever is the supervisor at the moment ... you want the PM. If that yields no satisfaction you can find the next level up and correspond with them. There is also the Postal Inspection Service. Problem carriers won't change until s*&t starts rolling down hill in their direction.

Ryk
    mandolin ~ guitar ~ banjo

"I'm convinced that playing well is not so much a technique as it is a decision. It's a commitment to do the work, strive for concentration, get strategic about advancing by steps, and push patiently forward toward the goal." Dan Crary