Thread: Luke Plumb and Peter Daffy

Default Luke Plumb and Peter Daffy

Recently added on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awx9_MpHnJA

Default Re: Luke Plumb and Peter Daffy

Ah noooo. That was the encore and me and Peter were shattered after a late wedding the night before. The other tunes in the set were much more "acceptable". Thanks for the flag though.
    Luke

Luke, it's really great to see you posting here. A warm welcome from a big fan of your playing.
    Steve

Likewise here, Luke, and welcome aboard -- and please feel free to visit whenever you aren't on the road, or otherwise recovering from a wedding or other late night's fun.

BTW, there are plugs for your and James' excellent CD in this and this thread -- plus you have many a fan referencing your fine work with the Shoogles over the past few year in several more threads in our "Celtic", et al... forum.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet, is everybody has one, and most of them are wrong."
    ~ Mark Twain

Mandolin shirts, hats, case stickers, & more at my Zazzle storefront

Not sure what magic Mr. Daffy works with his mandolins but I had the opportunity to listen to Shooglenifty at the Dublin Irish Festival (The Dublin in Ohio, not across the pond.) on Saturday. Absolutely the best sounding mandolin on any of the stages over the weekend.
    Last edited by mcgeorgerl; Aug-06-2012 at 7:46pm. Reason: spelling

Looking forward to the excellent shooglenifty tonight at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe! Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by mcgeorgerl View Post
    Not sure what magic Mr. Daffy works with his mandolins but I had the opportunity to listen to Shooglenifty at the Dublin Irish Festival (The Dublin in Ohio, not across the pond.) on Saturday. Absolutely the best sounding mandolin on any of the stages over the weekend.
    I think you might mean Mr. Plumb. Mr. Daffy was the guitar player in the video. Is sure helps that Luke plays a Gil F5 to get such a killer tone!

Rob,
    Mr. Daffy is an instrument maker, as well, and made the great sounding A model that I have seen Luke using in some live situations. Not to take anything away from the Gil, but I actually like the Daffy more.