Thread: Shout Out to Jordan Ramsey

Default Shout Out to Jordan Ramsey

Myself and two friends on the front range here in CO took some private lessons from Jordan Ramsey this week. What a great guy and a great teacher - a humble, yet very talented musician. We're fortunate to have Jordan nearby. Don't miss a chance to see Jordan perform with Long Road Home.

Rick
    "But no well informed person ever called the picking of the mandolin music." New York Times, 1897

Default Re: Shout Out to Jordan Ramsey

Hey Rick, thank you so much for all your hospitality and nice comments, I had a wonderful time. I'll take your shout out and pass along a couple more. First off, to Mike Shields, mandolin player and DDS down in Colorado Springs. He was kind enough to provide a much needed cleaning while I was down there, during which he caught an early cavity and filled it with some new (to me) technology (long time since I've been to the dentist ) without having to drill. He also changed the satellite radio station to bluegrass while I was getting the work done (to the dismay of everyone else in the office, I'm sure), and then refused to take a dime of my money. Easily the best trip to the dentist that I've ever experienced. If you're in or near Co. Springs and you need dental work, go see Mike. I'd also like to say thank you to John Ramsey at Tejon St. Music, who did a fantastic job of crowning my frets, removing the finish from the back of my neck, and providing a first-class set up. Thank you, Mike, thank you Rick, and thank you John, look forward to seeing you all soon.
    2016 Ellis F5
    2007 Gibson Sam Bush
    1924 Gibson A Jr.
    1913 R. Calace Brevettato 900
    Espresso
    Youtube

Just wanted to say that I wish you were teaching at the Montana fiddle camp this year.

Jordan, this is John who took a lesson from you last week in Denver. The guy who was evacuated in NM due to fire. Any way I could get that "double stop and arpeggio work sheet" we talked about? Would much appreciate it. Had a great time in the lesson!

I'll second Rick's nod to Jordan. I've been taking regular private lessons from Jordan for the past few months and I'm always sounding and inspired to play better after an hour working with Jordan. The pace is easy going with the right amount of progression to something new to keep the learning curve real...curvey. Thanks Jordan.
    2010 Kentucky KM-160