Thread: Avoid Corrosive Sweat?

Default Avoid Corrosive Sweat?

I just changed my strings one week ago, and now they are already dead.
    I do have problem with excessive sweating in my palms, and I think this have a big impact on life of my strings.
    Do anyone have tips or any recommended strings that maybe could repel corrosive sweat?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Avoid Corrosive Sweat?

Wipe off you hands and strings between songs might be a good start. It's hard to change your body chemistry. Others may have ideas. This was what popped to mind.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Elixir strings.

Jamie, your profile picture may hold the answer.

The Elixirs are a good choice if you like coated strings, which I do. I have a friend with a similar problem that now uses the Sam Bush strings from Gibson. They definitely last a lot longer than the J-74's he used to use.

I had a student who had this problem to excess. He bought hand anti-perspirant by Adidas - its designed for sports people (racket sports mostly) but worked a treat! Not sure where you buy it but definitely helped him solve his problem, made his strings last longer and made him feel more comfortable when performing.
    Also regularly wiping strings both on top and underneath using a thin strip of chamois leather helps.
    Ali

In the summer time I add FastFret string cleaner to my routine as well. Remember to wipe between the bridge and tailpiece as well.