Thread: Tim Connell and Eric Skye, House Concert Berkeley California

Default Tim Connell and Eric Skye, House Concert Berkeley California

Tim Connell and myself will be playing Friday October 8th at 8pm in Berkeley California. It’s actually not in a home, but a very cool little wine shop in that will be closed to the public that evening -though there will be wine testing opportunities before the show
    I’m always super excited to get to play with Tim. It’s always an adventure. We never where it’s going to go. Coltrane, Django, Bill Monroe... Seating is very limited so if you or someone you know might be interested please contact Tad Laird at tadol@pacbell.net for more information or to reserve a spot.

Default Re: Tim Connell and Eric Skye, House Concert Berkeley California

Eric,

I've mentioned this to Tim in the past, but if you are coming through Humboldt County on the way to (or from) the Bay Area, let's try to put together another show here...

-Darren

Darren
    We’re flying down this time. But I'd really like to talk more about playing Humboldt County with you. Seems like a pretty doable drive from Portland for a single show...

And just putting it out there to everyone: Tim and I as a duo (as well as the string trio with bassist Brian Casey) are very much at a place right now where we want to get out there and make new friends all over. If you build it we will come (and we’re happy to help with the building too). As long as we’re at least not losing money we’ll be there!

Eric,
    I'd second Darren's request for you guys to play a show in Humboldt! I've thoroughly enjoyed your guys' youtube videos and it would be great to have the opportunity to see you guys in person!

Eric, I'll be in Austin, Tx that night, but boy I'd like to hear you guys in person! If you ever make it down this way (South x Southwest music festival?) let us know.
    Billy Lee Myers, Jr.
    Austin, Texas

And if you can swing a Port Townsend trip, give me advance notice. With a month or so I can probably make something work up here at my place, or in town.

Thanks so much, Al - Port Townsend is a strong possibility. We are heading up to Vancouver B.C. at some point this winter and would love to stop there on the way back - we'll keep in touch by email, and thanks again. Ditto to Darren - so nice to hear from all you Symposium folks here online! - I'd love to get down to Humboldt, sorry it didn't work this summer, but it's definitely on my radar, I do appreciate the offer.
    Tim Connell
    Portland, Oregon
    www.timsmandolessons.com

Yippee, tomorrow I fly down and stop by Santa Cruz to take possession of the very first Santa Cruz Guitar Co. Eric Skye model guitar! A mind blowing honer. We’ve been going back and forth on this for almost eight months and now it’s ready at last (little nervous to play a hours-old guitar at the gig, but I’ll survive). It’ll be in stores after the NAMM show in January. If you’ve got nothing going Friday evening, come by, bring a pick, get some wine, and check out the prototype. And hopefully stay for the show Info: Tad Laird tadol@pacbell.net

Awesome Eric! I've been following your excitement on the SCGC forum. Congratulations! Have fun at the show.

I know there's a typo in your last post, Eric ("a mind-blowing honer") - but is the fourth letter supposed to be "o", or is the guitar so great that it's the first letter that should be a "b"?

Either way, I'm getting on the plane now and am really psyched for this gig!
    Tim Connell
    Portland, Oregon
    www.timsmandolessons.com