Thread: 10 Questions For Christopher Acquavella

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default 10 Questions For Christopher Acquavella

The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
    10 Questions For Christopher Acquavella
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001249.shtml

We visit with San Diego based classical mandolinist Christopher Acquavella, a featured workshop leader and performer at next month's Classical Mandolin Society of America Convention in Seattle, Washington.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Default Re: 10 Questions For Christopher Acquavella

GREAT! Fascinating.....I just learnt more about Chris than I did in 4 years teaching him at Trinity! He deserves our support...he is such a driving force....I know this sounds like the mutual admiration society....but we had our moments as Chris has already divulged!
    I think my exact comments on Chris' first rendition of Bach to me were "that was lovely, but it wasn't Bach"..... but I prefer Chris' memory! Good luck at the Convention Chris. Wish I could come!

The British BMG Federation wishes Chris all the very best at the Convention, that was a great interview with loads of interesting info... and I still love that German mandolin!
    I'm sure that Chris will forgive me if I make one small comment re: "My participation was made possible by the kind support of CMSA/Plucked String Foundation and the BMG Federation of England"

Its actually the British BMG Federation, there is no BMG Federation of England... we can't be upsetting half our Committee (from Scotland).. ho ho hee hee.

Barbara and I were in San Diego last year and had hoped to meet up with Chris... but the holiday passed so quickly and..ah well. But Chris, if you are ever in Scotland.... let us know, we'll have work for you!
    Very best wishes to Chris, his progress in the "mandolin world" has been incredible.
    Barbara and Ian

Thanks to Mandolin Cafe for the great interview of Chris. I am one of the lucky students that get to study with Chris in San Diego. It really is a rare opportunity, especially here in the United States, to be able to study with such and accomplished classical mandolinist.

I really enjoyed this interview and it brought to my attention a mandolinist I wasn't aware of. I loved the clips and I've been exploring Chris's music since. Big ups for playing a Brian Dean mandolin! Someday I hope to as well.

JR

Blog Entries

Noting the anniversary of this feature interview published this date 2010.

Blog Entries

Noting the anniversary of this interview from 2010.

8. The following members say thank you to Mandolin Cafe for this post:

Blog Entries

Published 10 years ago today. Includes a link to their MySpace page .