Thread: Joy is not Happiness

Default Joy is not Happiness

Stream it under the fusion section of my site - thanks,

Steven

Default Re: Joy is not Happiness

Very nice stuff Steven. Thanks for posting.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet, is everybody has one, and most of them are wrong."
    ~ Mark Twain

Mandolin shirts, hats, case stickers, & more at my Zazzle storefront

Thanks Jim - I appreciate the listen!

I find it a bit offensive that if one reads the text you end the page by asking for money. Kind of colors the the tone of the music in an unpleasant way.
    Bart McNeil

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

There is also the downloads for sale aspect. I don't know what the policy is about mixing music and business at the forum, but this does seem to walk that line. Then again, how is one to share one's music here from one's website, which is geared to generate income?

I think the OP's intent was just to share his music, and it's best to appreciate it, or not, just on that basis.
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by journeybear View Post
    how is one to share one's music here from one's website, which is geared to generate income?
    What I would do is declare one track as a free sample, put the mp3 in a different part of the file path and include a link to that in the post. That way I don't have to act like a salesman towards the Cafe without giving all my products away for free.
    Apart from that, I agree that the OP should at least be protected by reasonable doubt.

Apart from that, again, it is well produced. Not my personal piece of cake, but well done.
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

Blog Entries

Asked and answered. Le Café, c'est bon!

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

My intent was just to share the track, nothing less, nothing more (hence the ability to stream the entire track and not just 10 seconds or whatever). There are also a few free downloads on my site. This particular track is now free to download also as I think my intent was not understood.

The only reason, at this point, I charge for tracks is that some of them are on other sites like iTunes, Napster, etc. This track is not, so I don't see a conflict. I have been selling music for over 5 years and have not even made enough money to cover my yearly website dues. I do it for the love of it. So I take some offense to people thinking I'm trying to push my music solely for profit.

My intent is to share some of it, give some of it away, sell some of it, and....Maybe the forum is not the place to let you know about new tracks I've completed. That's up to the moderators and I will respect anything they say.

Thanks,

Steven
    Last edited by Steven Clarkson; Sep-22-2010 at 10:30am.

Hey Steven -- you can also contact Scott to share some of your music via the cafe's MP3 page, where your web site can also be linked. I know many of us here have discovered new music from the MP3 page.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet, is everybody has one, and most of them are wrong."
    ~ Mark Twain

Mandolin shirts, hats, case stickers, & more at my Zazzle storefront

Blog Entries

Huh! Learn something new every dadburn day! I never even saw that link, much less clicked on it. Thanks, Jim. Whenever I get around to having something that meets the requirements you can bet I will avail myself of this resource.

Steven, I hope you haven't let the earlier interchange ruin your day. I might not have even thought of the aspect Bart mentioned if he hadn't mentioned it, and then it occurred to me that your OP was so brief that it was too open to interpretation. Might be a good idea, in the future, to write a little introductory blurb or something so your intent is clear. Jim's suggestion is a good one but that function is for sales, not sharing, which is what you had in mind.

Oh, and, as far as I know, the forum is indeed the place to let people know about new tracks and such.

No problem. I was in a hurry and I probably should have written more. I do have two songs on the MP3 section of this site. It certainly will not ruin my day, but it wasn't a good way to start it - enough said. I appreciate this community, everyone's honesty, and everyone's opinion. All of it has helped me grow as an artist and as a person. Blessings,

Steven