Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Instrumentalley.com

Default Re: Instrumentalley.com

Update:
    Returned the Rover and am waiting for a replacement. They are not answering emails. Instrumentalley is possibly one guy in his house in Utah. I'm pretty close to submitting a credit card complaint and contesting the charge.

I thought I would give them the benefit of doubt after I saw a post that they were working on issues. Unfortunately they have missed the mark. I submitted my order 12-23-14, communication was nonexistant except auto generated. I received my order 01-07-15, tracking did not work,a piece I ordered from China days later beat my order from them by a couple of days. They got the case I ordered right, they got the tuner I ordered right but as for my Morgan Monroe flat braided strap that is only offered in three colors I received the one color I definitely did not want, tan, even though I ordered brown and it was reflected on the invoice. There is no contact information on the invoice, it just refers you back to the web site to read their return policy. I will not be spending more time and money to get it right. Have they taken care of their issues? Me thinks, not so much.

Scott

I realize that this post is being made 6 1/2 years after the most recent one, but in the event it might benefit a Cafe member ...
    I tried to buy a set of Grover tuners from IA on Saturday. Had never heard of the company but it seems sources of 309s had become scarce. After I made a PayPal payment for the price of the tuners, the order page still showed that my cost would be the retail price, $0 shipping. But when I clicked to place the order, I was redirected to a shipping pane where the cheapest option was more than $18. For a set of mandolin tuners? I couldn't figure out how to cancel the order, so I opened a live chat. Got no response beyond a stock "next available ..." After quite a while, got a reply saying chat wouldn't be available until Monday. The "Contact" link where you would expect to find a phone number opened a second entire browser page on my laptop, but no contact info for IA. I eventually found a way to change the quantity from 1 to zero in the order form and figured that was that. Today, four days later, I received an email from IA saying they couldn't find an order associated with my email address. I can't speak to their honesty or lack of same, but this is clearly one disorganized, hapless business.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Drellow View Post
    ...After I made a PayPal payment...
    That was probably a good move. It would appear that not much has changed over the years.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber