Thread: Best program to slow down DVDs?

Default Best program to slow down DVDs?

I tried Ultimate DVD Player by Roni - the same company that puts out Amazing Slow Downer - but the DVD player isn't working. The video is fine - but the audio sounds like space gremlins. I have a modern Dell laptop running windows. Never had any issues with other programs.

I would like to slow down instructional DVDs so I can see better.
    Rob G.
    Vermont

Default Re: Best program to slow down DVDs?

Well, I don't know how relevant his is, but when I bought a new laptop with Win7, I had to download some software (kind of like a driver, I guess) to be able to run the latest ASD. Roni sent it to me after I emailed that I couldn't transfer the program. Charged me thirty bucks for it. Maybe there's an issue with the Ultimate DVD and the version of Windows you're running.
    "I thought I knew a lot about music. Then you start digging and the deeper you go, the more there is."~John Mellencamp

"Theory only seems like rocket science when you don't know it. Once you understand it, it's more like plumbing!"~John McGann

"IT'S T-R-E-M-O-L-O, dangit!!"~Me

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Gerety View Post
    I tried Ultimate DVD Player by Roni - the same company that puts out Amazing Slow Downer - but the DVD player isn't working. The video is fine - but the audio sounds like space gremlins. I have a modern Dell laptop running windows. Never had any issues with other programs.

I would like to slow down instructional DVDs so I can see better.
    Have you adjusted the audio offset slider which keeps the audio aligned with the video. My version works well on my Mac.

Yea, I've tried everything I can think of and everything Roni has suggested - so far no luck.

Are there any other DVD slow down programs out there?

BTW - I'm running a Dell Latitude D630 with Windows XP Professional. Never had any troubles with this sort of thing.

Just this morning I discovered a program on line called Video Surgeon. I downloaded the trial version and it works fine. One difference is that with VS the program works on all video, not just DVD, and it automatically converts videos to .avi format. Seems to work well so far. Its not cheap - about $80. But there is a free trial period with the full version and a 90 day money back guarantee. The best part of course is that it works and it does what it says it will do. Slow down video, preserve or change pitch - etc.
    Last edited by Rob Gerety; Nov-01-2010 at 7:30am.
    Rob G.
    Vermont

I put a DVD in the player, hooked to the TV, hit pause, then the forward button,
    and the image creeps along slowly but there is no sound.

plenty of time to read the subtitles though ..
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Yea, we sure have come a long way since my teen years lifting the needle over and over to hear the latest Rolling Stones riff.
    Rob G.
    Vermont