Thread: Looking for Italian mandolin player for feature film

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Looking for Italian mandolin player for feature film

From Mandolin Moments web site - Looking for Italian mandolin player for feature film

Read article...

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking for Italian mandolin player for feature film

From craigslist, actually. Note to Italians - Airfare not provided. Doesn't look like the greatest gig ever:

Looking for Italian Mandolin Player for Feature Film (Brooklyn)

Date: 2010-11-19, 10:51AM EST
    Reply to: gigs-h7rtr-2068857061@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are currently looking for an Italian mandolin player with own mandolin for a low-budget feature film, scheduled to shoot in Brooklyn sometime between November 27 and December 27. Lunch and credit will be provided.

As this is a low-budget film, we unfortunately cannot pay everyone, but we will be offering awesome raffle prizes (such as a Jet Blue gift card and a Peter Luger gift card) for each date Extras are present!

Please respond ASAP with availability, contact phone number and email address.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Compensation: no pay
    PostingID: 2068857061
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Blog Entries

Lunch and credit. Who could resist?
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

But hey - throw in roundtrip plane ticket, cab fare, and hotel, and I'm there. Since it's a low-budget film, I'll offer to go business class. OK, coach.
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

I did answer and can get down there but I have a feeling that it is prob some hokey thing. I am not Italian but could look the part and can play that stuff.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

It would be interesting if you made it down there Jim, for the story at least.
    Gunga......Gunga.....Gu-Lunga

Yeah, there is always some sort of story. Some years ago I got referred to an event planner who was looking for an Italian mandolin player to play at a showcase for travel agents. There were 15 minute segments of people coming around and I was "Italy". They also served Italian food. It was a great practice session. I just sat around and played whatever tunes I wanted and even brought written music. That time I did get paid pretty well tho.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Blog Entries

Its more the kind of thing that if I were there anyway, and didn't have a prior engagement I might sign up.
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....

Wanted: Italian Mandolin Player

Please send a picture of your mandolin.

I did hear from the Extras Person and the scene is supposed to be in Naples. I imagine it is some restaurant scene of some sort, maybe a strolling mandolin player. prob appear for 1/2 second on screen if that and in the background. I will let you know if i end up doing it. i would have to take at least part of the day off from work but it could be interesting. Or not.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately: