Thread: The Aria M-500

Smile The Aria M-500

I have an M-500 aria in excellent condition which I bought in 1990 from a private party so I assume it was built in the 80s.It's made in Japan and is very light weight 2point.Does anyone have an idea what it's worth?

Default Re: The Aria M-500

Is this the two-point (double cutaway is how it's sometimes described) with an oval sound-hole? here is a thread on the Aria AM-500, which I think is the same instrument (A for Aria). http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...10-Aria-AM-500
    I hope this is useful.
    You live and you learn (if you're awake)
    ... but some folks get by just making stuff up.

Michael T.

Thank you Micheal, This is helpful info.Yes it has the oval sound-hole.According to the link you sent me it's worth is somewhere in the $400 range but another feature about it is it has a pickup in it.It looks exactly like the 3 pictures by Frederick except it has a pick guard and the tuning pegs are a little different.

Not long ago a Japanese '70s Epiphone BG440 went through the auction site for just a shade over $300, and a Korean '90s Sigmartin with a pickup went for a bit over $400. Pricing there is very dependent upon who is looking for what and how hard on any given week. Usually the Epi's go for more than the other brands, but the pickup was probably a factor. I know that's why I was watching its progress. But I only look fitfully and don't have an exhaustive catalog of sales.
    You live and you learn (if you're awake)
    ... but some folks get by just making stuff up.

Michael T.