Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swedish Christmas Youtubes. Moller, Tallroth etc.

Default Re: Swedish Christmas Youtubes. Moller, Tallroth etc.

Quote Originally Posted by maxr View Post
    Thanks Dagger - pity, the 3 piece worked really well. Roger Talroth used to play what appeared to be a Martin 12 string guitar, but it didn't make the big jangly 12 string sound I expect to hear (maybe I listen to too much Leo Kottke?).
    That's in part because he tunes the 12 string A-D-A-D-A-D. And even has a special set of strings made up for it. (Believe the bass string is nylon).

The duo sounds good, but is definitely different with just the interplay of two rather than three. Mikael Marin is also playing a viola with a much larger body these days. Seriously, it looks like he has a 1/8 sized cello under his chin.
    Brentrup Model 23, Boeh A5 #37, Gibson A Jr., Big Muddy M-11, Coombe Classical flattop, Strad-O-Lin
    https://www.facebook.com/LauluAika/
    https://www.lauluaika.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/Longtine-Am...14404553312723

2. The following members say thank you to Eric Platt for this post:

maxr 

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Platt View Post
    That's in part because he tunes the 12 string A-D-A-D-A-D. And even has a special set of strings made up for it. (Believe the bass string is nylon).

The duo sounds good, but is definitely different with just the interplay of two rather than three. Mikael Marin is also playing a viola with a much larger body these days. Seriously, it looks like he has a 1/8 sized cello under his chin.
    Well, if he's putting his old viola out to graze, just pass it on here - that sounded great for a 5 stringer! I've had a few 5 string fiddles, violas and one cello, and the problem with those is getting the middle string to sound good. I suspect because it's between the bridge feet.
    Last edited by maxr; Dec-23-2021 at 7:41am.

4. The following members say thank you to maxr for this post:

It's always nice to hear this Christmas music again.
    David A. Gordon

I'm in charge of my wife's aussie-doodle these days - which is a license to ski every day Nothing beats playing in the snow all day, then playing hardingfele at night.

7. The following members say thank you to catmandu2 for this post: