Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wintergrass..

Default Re: Wintergrass..

Yo Buddha...actually I went in for a couple of songs and left to go jam down the hall. I feel that bringing to Wintergrass was a good move as the venue was sold out and that's a good thing for the Hyatt and Wintergrass. So having said that I think I'd pass on Neil at Merlefest! Thanks for the prop's for "Bear" our beloved Aussie that passed away last April. We lost three old friends last year, all aussies, Bear, Penny & Millie. We picked up three new puppies last summer, Cooper (aussie), William (aussie) and Jimmy Radar (papillion). Those three and Wagner (aussie) keep us busy to say the least....

Sorry to hear about Bear, Penny and Millie Chip...that's always tough. Fortunately, it sounds like barks are still pretty easy to come by around your place!

The Blind Boys sing southern gospel music. I've seen a bunch of bands at Wintergrass that do the same. The difference is that they come at it from a different direction. They have the whole 'revival' bit going on during their performance.

That leaves a transplanted New Englander (me) feeling a bit weird. I love their music, know that they want to get the audience involved, know what they want us to do, but am too self conscious (stuck up?) to join in.

The music did blow me away though.

Pete
    Pete Braccio

"The Rules: Play nice and don't run with scissors"
    http://www.braccio.me
    Check out my web site for:
    Jack Tottle music files
    BBC Virtual Session files
    O'Neill's PDFs
    ITM Tunebooks, and more