Thread: 10 Questions for Aaron Weinstein

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default 10 Questions for Aaron Weinstein

The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
    10 Questions for Aaron Weinstein
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001312.shtml

JazzMando.com's Ted Eschliman catches up with jazz violinist and mandolinist Aaron Weinstein for another of our special feature interviews.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Default Re: 10 Questions for Aaron Weinstein

Great article! My only criticism is that it's too short! I have been a fan of Aaron's work since I first discovered him on YouTube, and chord/melody playing is my favorite style. (can you guess that I'm a huge Joe Pass fan? ) @ Aaron, just curious, when you were taking lessons with Donny, were you also playing Violin? Also, how did you come to choose to play the Mandolin? Love your work! Keep posting those chord/melody pieces and ensemble works. Thanks for dropping by!

JR

I'm glad it was done. Always good to hear from a great player. But I'm wondering about the 10 Questions "quickie" format? Like JR I would have liked to have read more. I'm thinking if a player is worthy of talking to, why not do the full interview?

Registered User grassrootphilosopher's Avatar

Great to have Aaron Weinstein answer a couple of questions.

I donīt feel that this spiffy little interview will rule out any follow up. Iīm waiting for one...

I just think that people like Aaron Weinstein (there are quite probably not that many) get their due exposure. I think that to push the mandolin a bit, exposure of this kind is very necessary. I say, well done.

Since I am playing music bluegrass style I am not proficient in jazz like chord melodies. Itīs quite a different dialect to me that I have not mastered well so far. Yet I very much apreciate any sound discussion about these matters. Thereīs a recent thread by Aaron Weinstein about chord melodies (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?68598-Jazz-Mandolin-Chord-Melody&p=878448#post878448). It could lead to some high level discussion if it gets off the ground.

I really like chord melodies on any string instrument.

And Aaron Weinstein reading..., thatīs the kind of humor that catches the audience.
    Olaf

Blog Entries

For those interested in picking Aaron's brain in a different format, he will be on the staff of Django in June, New England's premier gypsy jazz educational experience. See: http://www.djangoinjune.com/

How very cool. What a wonderful, inspiring article. And the bowtie thing is awesome! Tying a bowtie neatly is quite a trick!

Well, I've got the bowtie thing down, now I just need to master the "playing brilliantly" part. I'm halfway there!
    If I call my guitar my "axe," does that mean my mandolin is my hatchet?

Breedlove Quartz KF
    Kit Built Oval Hole
    Martin 000M
    Highland Harp

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/mattdeblass2

Feed My Ego, Visit My Youtube Page

Blog Entries

Great interview.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

His playing so captivated me that I found I could not read the interview and listen at the same time, as you suggest in the intro. Beautiful.

Sheer brilliance. The virtuoso playing on both instruments; that reading made me laugh so hard I frightened the dog.

Thanks for the interview, Ted!

Blog Entries

Noting the anniversary of this interview put together by Ted Eschliman and posted on this date 2011.

Blog Entries

Noting today's anniversary of this interview. Thanks to Ted Eschliman for putting this together!

13. The following members say thank you to Mandolin Cafe for this post:

Blog Entries

Noting the anniversary of this interview.