Thread: Loar LM-700 Video

Exclamation The Old North Woods

Sorry if this is the wrong section, please move if it is, but I thought it seemed appropriate. This is me playing a very simple melody, but one I enjoy written by Sam Bush on my Loar LM-700. I am about to sign an endorsement with them, so tell me what you think. Please comment and subscribe, these videos are for your enjoyment, but I would appreciate it greatly for any comments and subscribers. Also, this was recorded with my webcam, so the quality of the sound isn't great, but better than nothing! Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfKUBLqAVYw
    Last edited by Tristan Arnett; Feb-13-2011 at 4:53pm.

Default Re: Loar LM-700 Video

Tristan,

Excellent work and congratulations. One thing though...why does your LM700 sound better than mine?

Dave

did u cut the finger board extenion off?

Great work. Something tells me you'd sound great on whatever mandolin you play. You sure made that LM700 sings.

Yes, I did remove the extension. And thank you all for the extremely generous comments, very much appreciated.

Your picking is nice. The mandolin sounds good too. Good work and seems like you should be happy with the mandolin.

I did wonder why you felt the need to qualify it as a "very simple melody" though.

Thank you very much, I am more than satisfied. Well, because I felt like it was a very simple melody, especially compared to some of the picking on here. But yall can be expecting some good jazz arrangements, and much, much more soon enough

Nice video...great playing...nice sounding Loar. What strings do you use on your 700?

Jeff

Blog Entries

Sounds good, the mandolin and the player.

(like!)

Very, very nice on all dimensions.

Jeff, GHS Silk And Steel. You can go to my channel and look at everything I use. And again, thank you all for such great comments. And thank you for the like!

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Arnett View Post
    Jeff, GHS Silk And Steel. You can go to my channel and look at everything I use. And again, thank you all for such great comments. And thank you for the like!
    Thanks. I do see that info located on your profile on YouTube now. Would love to see more uploads of your playing some time.

I see you have an Arnett Guitar. Did you make it yourself?

Jeff

Actually, my grandfather makes them. Clay Jones was playing one before Mountain Heart fired him. Jamie Clifton is now looking into one. By the way, thank you very much for subscribing. Heres a picture of Clay playing the Arnett Guitar: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...714184&theater I plan to upload several more videos. Maybe once a week, or something like that. I will probably have some up on both guitars also.

The link won't work. I went to your FB profile and asked for your friendship.

Thank you.

Jeff