Thread: Aspen Colorado

Default Aspen Colorado

I plan on moving to Aspen in the near future and was wondering what the local music scene was like. I'm interested in the local musician scene, doing some "living room" picking, with possibility of forming a band. Anyone in the area have a handle on what's going on?

curious JR

Default Re: Aspen Colorado

I live in Southwestern Colorado, but have been to Aspen many times. Its a little place, but one of the biggest places in Colorado for music. I don't know exactly what the "local" scene is like, probably similar to my little ski-town's scene, which is very supportive of local music. Its fairly easy to form a band out here and get gigs at local spots. Lots of places out there are similar in that they book local bands regularly. Plus, Colorado is very affectionate to bluegrass and other folk styles. What is much more recognised about Aspen's music scene, though, is that they hold concerts and festivals with big name bands very often. Aspen is known for their large music festivals and it is a hotspot for many touring bands, even very big names. My favorite band, Third Eye Blind, recently went to Aspen for a winter concert. So no matter what, Aspen is an excellent place for all music lovers. Hope you enjoy it there!