Thread: Weins #31

Default Weins #31

Just had a gander at the images of Weins F5 #31 in The Mandolin Archives. What beautiful work! Hopefully Jamie is getting back on track with his mandolin building and business... If he can consistently put out work of this quality he'll be back in the saddle again. Best of luck to you Jamie.

Default Re: Weins #31

Everyone seems to agree that he is very talented and his Mandos are phenomenal. And yes let us hope he is back in the saddle again.

JR

The guy has a gift, that's for sure.
    Heiden F-5 #110
    GMC Terrain VIN 2GTEC13Z871107423
    2007 Tempurpedic mattress
    $1.35 in assorted change

Would love to hear or play one sometime...

I was at a New Year's Day party in Oakland and Tom Rozum was bearing a new Wiens! I can't remember if it was a fern or flowerpot, though...sounded good.

Jamie's shipped several instruments since the cafe thread, including Tom's. Basically he's still working through his list to get those out. You can see them all on the archive except for a 12-string guitar he made.. which I haven't quite fit in to the archives yet (along with Dude's guitars too!).

Once they are all out he tells me he'll make mandolins to spec and sell as available. Probably through a dealer is my guess, but that bridge won't be crossed until the backlog is out the door.
    The Mandolin Archive
    my CDs
    "The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead"

Those really are spectacular vintage-looking F5s! Good luck to him and all the best.

I just viewed all the ones he made in 2010 and the one he's completed this year... really amazing. I don't think I've ever seen such perfect recreations of the Loar era F5s... scary!

Over a year ago Wiens promised to settle my dispute with him in wriiting here on the Cafe. Thus far nothing has been done. No contact from him. No updates. No nothing. He still has had use of the thousands I sent him years ago. I have nothing in return. I will continue to keep a presence on the internet warning people about dealing with this individual until as Dan B quotes "the backlog is out the door". Congrats to those who have been made whole, good luck to those still waiting.

I've got #27 with Virzi (Wienzi) and it is opening up to be an exceptional instrument. His fit & finish is absolutely amazing and his tone is remarkable. I wish him nothing but the best!

BTW, Rozum's is a flowerpot.