Thread: Evan Marshall & Scott Gates teach in Julian, CA next month

Default Evan Marshall & Scott Gates teach in Julian, CA next month

The Julian Family & Fiddle (and Mandolin) Camp http://www.familyfiddlecamp.com is April 14th - 17th, and while its fiddle sections are full, there's still room for a few more folks in our two mandolin sections (Scott Gates is teaching "beginner-mediates", and Evan Marshall will be working with Intermediate-Advanced players. Evan and Scott will also be performing the evening of April 15 at the camp venue).

Evan Marshall & Scott Gates

In short, if you've been thinking about it, time's at-hand to act. Class size is intentionally limited, so grab the chance while you can to learn from some great artists/teachers, jam with some nice folks, and do it all at a beautiful site in San Diego's "jewel-in-the-hills", Julian, CA. Check out the camp's website for more details.

Avery Ellisman
    Julian Family Fiddle Camp
    www.familyfiddlecamp.com
    info@familyfiddlecamp.com
    (760) 522-8458

Default Re: Evan Marshall & Scott Gates teach in Julian, CA next month

I saw that was coming up. Seem a bit strange to camp 20 min from my house but it sounds fun.

Default Re: Evan Marshall & Scott Gates teach in Julian, CA next month

Quote Originally Posted by Hardesty View Post
    I saw that was coming up. Seem a bit strange to camp 20 min from my house but it sounds fun.
    No need to "camp" - can commute if you wish, but might miss some of the jamming. Evan and Scott are putting on a concert for the public Friday night, April 15th at the camp, and Calvin's doing likewise on Saturday night, April 16th (See the camp's website for ticket details). Both concerts are followed by some contra-dancing, with music provided by those attending the fiddle camp. If you come to one of the concerts, bring your "ax" for some fun afterwards!

Avery Ellisman
    Julian Family Fiddle Camp
    http://www.familyfiddlecamp.com