Thread: Eastman 805 strings.

Default Eastman 805 strings.

Had my 'cello in for new strings and a buzz in A string. The new strings I had were from Emando and classified as Eastman set . The new A strings were bigger and wound. The set on my 'cello when I got it were plain.Does anyone know,if the factory set have plain or wound strings ? I'm thinking, I like the wound better.

Default Re: Eastman 805 strings.

Go wound, or go home. Plain strings on a mandocello are a ticket to Fail Land.

Default Re: Eastman 805 strings.

Quote Originally Posted by NotMelloCello View Post
    Go wound, or go home. Plain strings on a mandocello are a ticket to Fail Land.
    All MC's are not created equal. The MC805 sports the lightest strings I've seen on a MC and have to an extent led to confusing an MC with an OM. But even at that the A strings can be wound. The lightest wound string available is a .018. The heaviest plain string is a .026. If you buy a MC set you'll get a wound A, if you want plain, ask Martin for a custom set or buy single guitar strings. Since you're using an Eastman it's your choice to wound or plain. With the big boomers they are all wound. What type of MC have you got, Nutello?