Thread: April 1st :

Blog Entries

Default April 1st :

This Friday night April 1st in old Mount Airy town in North Carolina at the Old North State Winery from 6-930 pm, Blu-Vue will be playing with Jim Haley filling in for the regular guitar/lead singer. Jim is a founding member of the first Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, and was in the original Southbound band along with two members of Blu-Vue, { Lou Reid was also a founding member of DL & QS, and a founding member of Southbound. }. There will be some old tunes from way back in the Southbound days played. Hope to see ya 'll there, we'll have a high old tyme.

Blog Entries

Default Re: April 1st :

Update on this although I doubt if anybody gives a d---, but in off chance that it is. Blu-Vue's regular bass player/tenor singer is down for the count with bronchitus, but not to fear, our good friend, young Brandon Boyles is gonna fill in, thanks Brandon, and it gives me pride to say that I got young Brandon started in 2001 on bass fiddle/guitar, and he is now good enough on bass fiddle to play with anybody, anywhere. Yes alas, our tenor in harmonies could suffer a little, but we'll just have to drop stuff down a notch or two and get it. There will be a lot of old standard tunes/songs played, some of them might be obscure except to the dedicted Bluegrass lover.