Thread: My Girl help

Default My Girl help

I would like to get My Girl by the Temptations down for obvious reasons (I think). I just can't quite seem to make it sound right. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: My Girl help

There is a key change in that. If the 1st part is in say the key of C then the second part is,I dunno. ... D maybe?

Here's a quickie version with mandolin and guitar:

My_Girl_20110121.mp3

That's very nice playing,mandolirius. I used to play it and sing it on guitar, keeping that pentatonic scale riff going as I sang. It should be possible to transpose that to mandolin, I imagine but I wouldn't be able to do your fiddly bits for the rest of the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by ald View Post
    That's very nice playing,mandolirius. I used to play it and sing it on guitar, keeping that pentatonic scale riff going as I sang. It should be possible to transpose that to mandolin, I imagine but I wouldn't be able to do your fiddly bits for the rest of the tune.
    Thanks. That was all pretty much improv on my part, except for the signature lick, so I can't recall what I played but it wasn't anything too complex, that's for sure.

So, is it just the C pentatonic scale transitioned into the D pentatonic? Right now, I am more interested in getting the basic sound down without any improve. That is the part that is giving me fits for now.

Not complex but very pleasing. But I meant I can sing on top of the pentatonic riff but I wouldn't be able to play the fiddly bits and sing at the same time.