Thread: Ovation mandolin with "onboard chromatic tuner"?

Blog Entries

Default Ovation mandolin with "onboard chromatic tuner"?

Just spotted an Ovation Celebrity on eBay. No photos unfortunately, and the description looks like it was copied and pasted from advertising copy or something. The thing that got my attention was the mention of an "onboard chromatic tuner." The description includes this sentence:

Equipped with an easy-to-read LED array, the onboard chromatic tuner works for standard, open, or altered tunings.
    Now I have this same model and I've seen listings and descriptions for dozens of them and I've never seen mention of an onboard tuner before. Any notions of what this is about?

Default Re: Ovation mandolin with "onboard chromatic tuner"?

I have an Ovation mandocello and the preamp comes with a chromatic tuner, just as described. I wasn't aware the Celebrity models came with this, but I suppose if it had the same preamp it would have the same features. I love how the tuner in the ad copy works even if you're using altered tunings, LOL.

Destroyer of Mandolins

Default Re: Ovation mandolin with "onboard chromatic tuner"?

The new MM-68AX boasts an on-board tuner, but I too have never seen a Celebrity with one. The AX model, if it's even available yet, would unlikely show up used. My guess is that the seller cut and pasted rather haphazardly and included info irrelevant to the sale.
    Dedicated Ovation player
    Avid Bose user