Thread: Dudu Maia/Douglas Lora/Zak Borden Simon Lucas - Choro

Default Dudu Maia/Douglas Lora/Zak Borden Simon Lucas - Choro

Zak Borden and Simon Lucas of the Brazillionaires join Dudu Maia and Douglas Lora on the final song of the night - Noites Cariocas by Jacob do Bandolim. Filmed at Abbie's place in Portland Oregon during a house concert by Dudu & Douglas. April 2011.

Default Re: Dudu Maia/Douglas Lora/Zak Borden Simon Lucas - Choro

Wonderful, Al! Thanks a ton for posting. Interesting tho how much Dudu's instrument comes across as opposed to the F5. Some of that may just be the way it was recorded or Zak's mellower picking style.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

It was just the fact that the F5 was farther away from the Zoom H4n which you see at the foot of the stage. I had to cut out the right channel because Douglas' 7 string was overblowing everyone else, other than the pandeiro! I probably should have recorded from further back in the room, but it was very crowded.

Here's another from the evening, featuring the very talented Alexandra Santos singing a song I don't know the title to...she is with Infinite Samba if I remember right. My HD camera had run out of juice, so I was finishing up with my little hand held from the corner. I'll post the full concert later. Currently too busy to go do that.

Al, the tune is Rosa.