Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Anyone Catch Marty Stuart on Letterman?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Did Anyone Catch Marty Stuart on Letterman?

Axeman stream of guitar conscienceness...or how about this one with Rosie Flores (and she is no slouch on the 6 string either).

Listen to the end its pretty amazing I think...
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

Blog Entries

Here is another one -- this has Marty on his carved up F-5 also!!

Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

I caught the Letterman performance on TV and a couple of days later I seen Marty and the Band play at the Grand Olde Opry. The announcer mentioned the Letterman performance and thanked Marty for spreading his music to a larger audience. Needless to say they were great but I'm in the camp where these guys could play broken fan belts over garbage cans and I would give them a standing ovation. They closed the show with a good old gospel tune which brought the crowd to its feet. Great evening!

This was the second time I've seen them live and Marty really likes to share the spot light with the rest of the band something I really appreciate.

I'm excited to say that Marty and the boys will be back at The Blueberry Bluegrass and Country Music Festival again this year and this time Connie Smith will be with them.
    http://www.blueberrybluegrass.com/artists/index.asp

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluman View Post
    I caught the Letterman performance on TV and a couple of days later I seen Marty and the Band play at the Grand Olde Opry. The announcer mentioned the Letterman performance and thanked Marty for spreading his music to a larger audience. Needless to say they were great but I'm in the camp where these guys could play broken fan belts over garbage cans and I would give them a standing ovation. They closed the show with a good old gospel tune which brought the crowd to its feet. Great evening!

This was the second time I've seen them live and Marty really likes to share the spot light with the rest of the band something I really appreciate.
    Marty is the greatest -- I wonder what percentage of the Letterman TV audience cared for the performance? I think the connection for the gig is through the band leader on the Letterman show. The bald fellow with all the jokes on the keyboards is Paul Shaffer, absolutely awesome musician. Paul happens to be a close friend of Marty's. He also is a county music guy.
    Bernie
    ____

Lots of people know that Marty owns Clarence White's old Telecaster (and Hank Williams and Lester Flatt's old Martins!) Check out how much he is employing the Parsons/White B-bender on his solos on the Letterman show. He pushes the guitar towards the floor which pulls the B-Bender lever attached to the top of his guitar strap; there is no steel player on stage, but plenty of steel guitar licks all over the place.
    But Amsterdam was always good for grieving
    And London never fails to leave me blue
    And Paris never was my kinda town
    So I walked around with the Ft. Worth Blues