Thread: Nickel Creek Tabs?

Default Nickel Creek Tabs?

Okay, so maybe I posted this in the wrong section. Does anyone know where I can get accurate nickel creek tabs? More along the lines of the fiddle tunes etc.
    See, decide, attack, reverse.

-- Major Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, Luftwaffe.

Hilfe! Mein käse ist heiß, und mein Flugzeug brennt!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nickel Creek Tabs?

Sheet Music Plus has them all as does our sponsor Elderly. Or did you want them for free?

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

I just looked for an accurate tab for Ode to a Butterfly yesterday.

This site seems to have at least that song pretty close:

http://www.tabs-database.com/nickel-creek

This was free btw.

Registered User Matt Hutchinson's Avatar

FYI the Nickel Creek books have notation but no mando tab (at least the one I've got doesn't)

Matt

Yeah i was looking for free tabs haha. I can't play sheet music, I can read it and play it on the piano, but not a mandolin. Dont really have a desire to learn it either. But that Ode to a Butterfly seems pretty close Pikalot thanks.

You are welcome.

If you have a Windows Media Player version that allows you to slow the song down without changing the pitch, as I mentioned in another thread, you'll see that the tab is not perfectly faithful to the original but songs that fast are difficult to transpose perfectly in tab. I've caught a few notes that were left out as well as techniques not faithful to the song, and I'm only on the first part of it.

Not to say it matters to miss a note here and there, after all, that's Thile's way of playing it, not Pikalots' or Imaslippers'... And a boring world it would be indeed if we all did everything the same way!

Play Ode in a slowdowner of some type. You'll be able to catch the pull-offs and hammer-ons that are so vital to mastering that song at speed.

What a fun tune to learn. Let me know how you're coming along with it; maybe we can hold each other accountable for sticking with it. if you're gonna do the whole song, that will take a while

Registered User Matt Hutchinson's Avatar

I seem to remember there's a great Homespun (I think) DVD of Chris teaching that tune broken down (along with some others and plenty of other stuff). It does, however, cost money

Whether or not you slow the recording down, you can learn a lot by tabbing out tunes you want to learn. Well worth the time and effort, even if it feels painfully slow at first. The more you do it, the easier it gets, and soon you're hearing all the nuances and tricks of the trade in real time.
    Oops! Did I say that out loud?
    Once upon a time: fiddle, mandolin, OM, banjo, guitar, flute, whistle, beer

hmm :/
    hahah, i recently had to tab out a song for a wedding. which was a paaaainnn!