Thread: Wegen M150 Pick

Default Wegen M150 Pick

Got my first batch of these picks a few days ago and was very, very pleased by the benefits right from the start.

But, I've waited until after a few days of practice to ensure that I really am realizing a positive outcome and not just labeling something that is "different" as something that is truly "better". I've tried a bunch of different picks that seemed "better" at first blush only to realize pretty quickly that there was no benefit and, in most cases, a decline. I used to do the same damn thing with mouthpieces as a brass player.

But...

The benefits I've secured by moving to this pick are very real and very significant:

-the light touch/grip I need to play well produces much better projection from the instrument; particularly on the high strings.
    -I'm more fluid moving through lines. I am able to play faster better.
    -Tremelo!!!!Boy, am I getting better results with this pick.

I was currently using the Golden Gate pick and, in comparison, the benefit does seem to be derived primarily from the beveling. Also, GG's have lousy grip. Try playing one outdoors in heat and humidity and you'll allocate as much focus on the pick not slipping as you will on just playing well. The grip of the M150 is great.

Bottom line: I've derived a bigger "bump" from this pick change than I did from my instrument change (Washburn to Breedlove).

There's my "2 cents"...

Default Re: Wegen M150 Pick

I play the TF 140s and love them as well...I'll periodically pick up something new to try, but keep going back to the Wegens...
    Chuck

Default Re: Wegen M150 Pick

My pick of choice!!
    "But no well informed person ever called the picking of the mandolin music." New York Times, 1897