Thread: SHADOWS on mandolin

I'm working on a 3-tune set of simplified Shadows tunes for mandolin, guirat & bass, and I've hit a problem with "Apache". As written, the tune calls for a low "F" at one point. Has anyone tried tuning a normal cheapish electro-acoustic (mine's a Samick) to FDEA? I don't really want to transpose it if I can avoid it as it has a nasty effect on the bass. The alternative is to hand half the tune to the guirat (there are lots of repeats / near repeats). Ideas gratefully received.
    (The other two tunes if anyone is interested are "Foot tapper" and "Atlantis" 'cos I can't find a usable set of dots for FBI)
    Reality : A particularly unconvincing illusion (see "Reality TV" if you disagree.)

Hello Gilgamesh,

I`m also a big "Shadows" fan and you can hear here a short mp3 sample of our Duo performing the "Theme for young lovers". There are also another suitable pieces, that we play - "Guitar Tango", "Wonderful Land", etc. "Apache" is one of the most popular pieces by Shadows, but we don`t find it suitable for us. It`s perhaps, because we play accoustic instruments.

Good luck!