Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bluegrass Fans are Country Fans??...

Default Re: Bluegrass Fans are Country Fans??...

To me there's only two kinds of music - that that I like and that that I don't. I like some of the artists mentioned and some I don't. There has been mention of over-produced, commercial 'country music' that sounds formulaic. To my ears there's a lot of contemporary bluegrass that sounds like that to me too. Maybe it's not about genre but the spirit in which something is created that will speak to them whether they like it or not. Thankfully in this world of multiplicity and multiculturalism that there is something for everyone.
    GerryHastie

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
    - Albert Schweitzer

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gerry Hastie For This Useful Post:

I thought about this over the weekend for a second round reply. I see enough bluegrass shows and festivals and am constantly talking about music with friends and people I meet and from what I see (not necessarily people on Mando Café) just about everybody who likes bluegrass likes country. And a good many who like country like bluegrass. To many they are really the same thing. The people who like kick A@#$ County like the kick a@#$ bluegrass, the people who like slower country like the same kind of bluegrass. I know when you get into real Bluegrass Country from like GA, TN, SC, NC, KY just about everybody who likes bluegrass likes country.

Highly Lonesome Marty Henrickson's Avatar

Would that be real country, or the overproduced pop-with-a-Southern-accent that Nashville markets as country?
    Gibson Jam Master A-Standard #56
    Martin D-28 Clarence White #103
    Gallagher Doc Watson

www.instacanv.as/martyhenrickson