Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Review and comparison 'The Loar LM-700 VS'

Default Re: Review and comparison 'The Loar LM-700 VS'

Quote Originally Posted by Peterrhys17 View Post
    Loar LM 700 - collapsed!! 6 weeks ago I bought a beauty from a chap via EBay. He’d bought it from a Bluegrass instrument shop (on line) in the USA a couple of years ago. Excellent condition, well maintained. Now it’s worthless & unplayable because the top has caved in. Luthier has said it’s obvious this will happen as there is no bracing!! Devastated!!!
    Do you have pictures of the collapsed top? Would be interested to see where the collapse happened.

My 2020 is a cannon; fit, finish, and tone do it for me.
    I've owned plain with the '02 F9, average look with the KM 1000, and sold them off for the LM700...love the gold bling as well.
    2021 The Loar LM700 VS

I've owned 3 LM 700s and played another one. All were different. A 2010 one had big chunky neck and massive sound. I played it a lot for 4 years in preference to a 1984 Flatiron F5 Artist (which was a lovely mandolin). I had then had two later ones, neither of which had the same punch and pop. They were a bit heavier on the lacquer. Three or four years ago I got a new one for a friend (from Thomman) and it is a lovely mandolin and has definitely opened up in three years. Not a hoss but a really good and beautiful mandolin for the price then (around £630).

I'd have no hesitation in buying a Loar LM 700. I think, considering the look, finish, sound etc it is the best F5 mandolin at the current price level.

Hello everyone, my first word in a Café!

Be patient to my poor english please, I'm whole-life beginner in this language.
    Two years ago I tried to learn to play the mandolin. I had a beatiful Kentucky KM 756, but at last I stayed at the guitar and sold the mandolin.
    Nowadays I would like to try it again but the offering of this instruments is terrible here in the Czech Republic. I found The Loar LM 700 at Thomann.de. It's the most expensive one which I can buy now.
    I would like to ask you about current QC? Is it better then at the start of this topic? Is there something interesting which could be good to know about new Loar mandolin?

Thank you very much!

I would say the really good thing about Thomann is you have 3 year warranty and also 30 day return option. It really can't be better than that. In 30 days, even if you are new to the mandolin, no doubt someone more experienced can give it a good look over in case you don;t know what things to look for which could be detrimental.

Set up is everything. That may be another 5 or 10% of the price to have someone in Czek set it up perfect for you.

Thank you for your reply! I'm affraid that find someone who could inspect the instrument will be difficult here in Czech Republic. But I ordered the mandolin.
    I'm very curious about it. I have to wait 10-12 weeks to re-stock. Hope it will be worth it.