Thread: Northern Kentucky / Cincinnati Players?

Default Northern Kentucky / Cincinnati Players?

Are there any mandolin players in this area? I'm looking to take lessons and would love to know if there is anyone that could point me in the right direction.

Would also love to go see some shows if anyone plays in a band around here.

Thanks!!!
    ~Kate

Default Re: Northern Kentucky / Cincinnati Players?

Kate - Check out theses links. A great way to meet great folks and get tuned in on what's going on.

http://www.buckeyebluegrass.com/bb-jams.html
    http://www.nkbma.com/

Don

I am located about 35 miles east of Cincy up route 32

I'm new to MC I don't play mandolin, but I do play guitar and joined to learn more and find out the same. I too am near 32 out in Brown Co.

Google flags the first of the above links but I can get through to the second. I'll give it a look. Thanks!

If you can make it as far south as Lexington, Daniel Carwile teaches mandolin in his studio there. He's one of the best musicians I know.

John_ and Scotti,

I live just off 32 near Batavia. Play mando and some guitar.

There are some great jams around that area. Every monday night is a jam at Molley Mollones in covington. It's open to anyone but there are always some top notch local pickers there.
    On tuesday there is an open mic at the crows nest in price hill, the neighborhood has a bad rep but the crows nest is really laid back in a decent area. The guys that play are good and you could sit in with different people. I played in a bluegrass band, for 6 years, with the guy who hosts it. His name is sean if you go, talk to him.
    Also the first tuesday of every month there is a bluegrass jam at the guitar center by tri county mall.
    The 4th friday of every month is a bluegrass jam at the Willis music in florence ky. That is the northern kentucky bluegrass association jam.
    I think there is a bluegrass jam at the Willis in eastgate mall once a month.
    Sunday evening at the comet in Northside, the comet bluegrass allstars play, they are great players.
    This area is full of music and the bluegrass and old time music is very well received here. Feel free to PM me and I'll give you my number, we'll get together. On top of all the public jams, there is always picking going on somewhere.