Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Has The Largest Selection Of Mandolins On Hand... Anywhere?

Default Re: Who Has The Largest Selection Of Mandolins On Hand... Anywher

Quote Originally Posted by sgarrity View Post
    I’ve been eyeing the Cohen. Priced very fairly too.
    I saw some really nice stuff on there. Can you believe they still have OME banjos and TWO Chuck Lees????

I like the brown Northfield NF5S.......nice folks. And Steve James is on their teaching staff. Who knew?????
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

That Prairieville has been calling my name.....

Quote Originally Posted by CES View Post
    Sherry, it’s not close to Dallas, but if you can get to Nashville, the mando world is your oyster...or something like that. Carter’s, Gruhn’s, TMS, Cotten Music, Artisan Guitars, and I’m sure there are others.
    If you rephrase the original question to "Which city has the largest selection of mandolins on hand?", I think Nashville is the clear answer. I live within an hour of both Gryphon Strings in Palo Alto and Sylvan Music in Santa Cruz, but I bet that Carter's alone has more mandolins than both of those stores combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandobar View Post
    I was surprised at the selection at Dusty Strings in Seattle had before Christmas.
    As of tonight, they have 29 mando family instruments listed on their website! It's a great store in a really fun neighborhood, and probably can't be beat for their selection of harps and hammered dulcimers. However, I don't know of any other store in Oregon, Washington, or Idaho that is even a close second to DS. So, no point in making a strictly musical instrument road trip there.
    still trying to turn dreams into memories