Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Anyone NOT like Blue Chip picks?

Default Re: Anyone NOT like Blue Chip picks?

That's why I always end with "YMMV." I played my mandolins and my guitar with several different picks for my SO and asked for each instrument which pick sounded best (I also never said how much the BC cost.) In every case the BC was reportedly the best sounding, WITH HOW I PLAY. You (and everyone else) play differently. I was pleased that what I heard was heard by others too. Just proves my ears aren't lying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garber
    I am not sure what you mean by "stays in place better than the others." Do you mean doesn't fall out of your hand?
    Yes. Other picks move around to varying degrees. I can hold the BC with a much more relaxed grip and it stays put.
    Soliver arm rested and Tone-Garded Northfield Model M with D’Addario NB 11.5-41, picked with a Wegen Bluegrass 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garber View Post
    Do you make your own galalith? Like this? Turn Milk to Stone

I guess the John Pearse Fast Turtle picks are made of galalith (casein plastic)
    Jim, I haven't tried making my own plastic, I bought a sheet of galalith here. The shipping was as expensive as the galalith, which is a bit crazy, but I've now got enough of the material to last the rest of my life. Modifying the business end of a plectrum is a very educational thing to do - tiny changes in geometry have a profound impact on the perceived sound (although theoretically it can only be the attack that is different), and learning this has changed the way I use my right hand.
    "Give me a mandolin and I'll play you rock 'n' roll" (Keith Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
    I like them but they are not necessarily better than any other pick out there of similar shape & weight. Yes they last forever and tone is slightly different, but I could be just as happy with a $1.00 pick (or less).
    This sums up my feelings too. I'm just as happy with a Primetone.