I forgot I had this one ...

I have to admit I got sidetracked recently as I blundered into a mid twenties Regal tenor ... short scale, friction tuners which was under a few other instruments in the basement. The bridge was the big problem, I finally carved a wider, split foot, compensated bridge and was really surprised. This old beauty is tight sounding! It seems to be a heavy grained birch or poplar with a cedar top and black plastic binding on body. The frets need a bit of dressing but ... for an instrument I forgot I had, it's turned out to be a really good little player. It has way more sound than the small body should be able to create. I have a few sets of geared banjo tuners and may change over if I really get into playing it. The frictions are Grover Stay-Tites from about 1950 and are - ah - ok, but not great. I'll post some pix of it when I get a chance ...

For some unknown reason, I had this strung up in G tuning and it works. I have no idea what the strings are but will measure if there is an interest. This is a 20.5 inch scale, 31 inch long with a 10.25 inch bottom bout and an amazingly funky tail piece.

(I think this is a Regal ... the partial decal peeled off of the peg head when I cleaned about fifty years of grunge and coal dust off of it a few years ago. It may have been an old Regal or Rex. I don't really remember when I got it.)