Thread: Accessing older interviews

Default Accessing older interviews

Wanting to re-read the Café's Mike Compton interview, I found that I can't access it.
    I can read the prologue and get as far as the mp3 "Listen While You Read" link but no further. And the same applies to other older interviews as well. Anyone else have this problem?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Accessing older interviews

Can you see the MP3 and/or play it? The Rich DelGrosso interview doesn't have an MP3. Can you see all of that? Can you see the videos? Can you see and play the MP3 file that is always on the home page? There's a small player about 2/3 the way down the page.

We always suggest you be running a current web browser and related software. We also get fairly routine complaints of blocked content, usually images, caused by overly aggressive personal firewall or virus protection software on the user's end. Turn that off momentarily and refresh the page to see if that's problematic but be sure to turn it back on. If it is that's a problem you'd need to investigate on your end.

Yes, I can read all the DelGrosso, and I can play all MP3s that I can see on the homepage and elsewhere. I can play the Listen While You Read file on the Compton page too, but that's where it stops for me. And it's the same pattern with the Paul Glasse interview, for instance, and the John Reischman too. Other more recent interviews I can read everything.

Blog Entries

Did you try the fix I recommended? It appears you are using (from our server logs) an AOL browser crafted by Internet Explorer. I'm not up on those but that suggests problems are coming from that. For example, I know IE is one of the few browsers in use that has trouble if multiple MP3s are posted within a single page with a Flash web player. Any reason you can't download the latest Internet Explorer if that's your preference? I'm convinced this is a local browser issue.

Blog Entries

Ah, yes. According to some research 'tis a problem only in Internet Explorer. Yet another reason to not use this browser but we won't go there.

Blog Entries

OK, here's the problem. You're running Internet Explorer 7 on Windows. Upgrade your browser to the most recent version and you'll be OK. Here's the link for UK users:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/i...oducts/ie/home

If you're not in the UK best Google the correct version for your country. Information below your avatar says Munich but your IP address is showing UK.

Thank you, Scott, it is indeed Internet Explorer. And I do live in Munich - don't know why IP address is UK. Anyway I am glad there is an explanation and I will get my more tech-savvy son to sort out the upgrades when he passes this way. (I hesitate to download anything myself for fear of plunging the neighbourhood into darkness.)

Blog Entries

It's because you're using AOL so it shifts around a bit. The servers that relay that information with your web surfing identify you by where they are located, not where your sitting at the moment.