Thread: ebay links not working

Always learning something Mo Soar's Avatar

Default ebay links not working

It's not a forum software issue, but I wasn't sure where else to send this:

On the main Mandolin Cafe page (and on the Mandolin Cafe Facebook page), the ebay links don't work for me. When I click on them, I get "this listing is no longer available," but when I search for the title text the auction pops right up.

This is true of all 7 of the Ebay listings in the frame on the left on the main page.

ETA: Win7 Pro, Firefox 12.0, btw

Edited again: I believe it is because you are using the rover tracking link and I use Ghostery, which does not allow (most) tracking without my permission.
    Last edited by Mo Soar; Jul-17-2012 at 7:06pm.
    1918 Gibson A, "Lillian";
    1940s (?) Kay A style f hole - currently down for a refret and fretboard re-profile, my first attempts (with guidance) at lutherie.
    1981 Washburn M7SN (2 point);
    2011 Eastman 504, "Belle";
    2012 Lafferty mahogany octave mandolin;
    2012 Emando (Saga), "Hank"

1 husband, 2 dogs, 4 chickens.

Default Re: ebay links not working

I have a similar problem and apologies, but didn't know where else to post.
    I am using iPhone 4 with latest iOS.

If I try to click on a link in a message to say, a website, it just closes down the app.

I cannot get it to work and is the same on all links.

Can you help?

Mke

Blog Entries

That's an issue with your iPhone. There's nothing embedded in a simple web link that provides instructions to shut down iPhone browsers. When I start having problems like that I reboot the phone. iPhones are simply small personal computers and a reboot is a good way to correct a lot of little issues just as much as it fixes issues with desktops and laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Tichenor View Post
    That's an issue with your iPhone. There's nothing embedded in a simple web link that provides instructions to shut down iPhone browsers. When I start having problems like that I reboot the phone. iPhones are simply small personal computers and a reboot is a good way to correct a lot of little issues just as much as it fixes issues with desktops and laptops.
    I tried that but it does not make a difference. I can open links say, to forum posts, but not when it is a link to a web page or video. The only way i can do it is to copy the link, then open it in the safari browser after closing the MandolinCafe app.

Very inconvenient and I've tried searching for solutions. Does anyone else who has the iphone app have a similar problem?

Quote Originally Posted by tracker51187 View Post
    I tried that but it does not make a difference. I can open links say, to forum posts, but not when it is a link to a web page or video. The only way i can do it is to copy the link, then open it in the safari browser after closing the MandolinCafe app.

Very inconvenient and I've tried searching for solutions. Does anyone else who has the iphone app have a similar problem?
    Was there ever a solution to this problem. I've been experiencing the same thing with my iphone.
    Last edited by biologyprof; Aug-03-2014 at 11:36pm. Reason: Spelling correction.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by biologyprof View Post
    Was there ever a solution to this problem. I've been experiencing the same thing with my iphone.
    The individual indicated the problem was a setting with his browser. I'm unable to replicate or experience the issue on my iPhone. Only suggestion I can offer is to make sure you're running the latest version of the operating system available for your phone.