Thread: Trio Brasileiro in Pacific Northwest

Default Trio Brasileiro in Pacific Northwest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trio.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	91467

Dudu Maia and Trio Brasileiro will also be in Portland (with the Brazillionaiires, Tim Connell, and Mike Burdette) on October 3rd. See attached poster. The last I heard they were also looking for a Seattle area venue for October 2nd.

-David

Default Re: Trio Brasileiro in Pacific Northwest

For those in New York City, check out this thread.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

A Seattle date has been added! Tuesday -- October 2nd at Empty Sea Studios -> http://www.emptysea.com/dudu-maia/

-David

I don't suppose there'll be any stops in CA, would there....

Quote Originally Posted by barrangatan View Post
    I don't suppose there'll be any stops in CA, would there....
    No. Not this time. This was a relatively quick tour, apparently organized by their new US manager. It's odd, in that the Portland and Seattle gigs are at tiny venues (Empty Sea only holds 40!, Portland is a house concert, about 40 also). It's hard to imagine they will cover costs. They likely could have easily have found themselves an 80 to 100 seat venue in Seattle, including one on the East side,as the fiddler folks do that routinely.
    Apparently their gigs in the midwest are at larger venues. And they know they can get a good crowd in Portland, which has a very active choro scene, what with Tim C, Zak B and Jack Dwyer, among others. If you are interested in hosting them in LA, and can provide a decent forum for them (they would be a natural for McCabes, for example), I'd contact Dudu directly. There could be an opportunity to book them when they come back in April for the Choro workshops at Centrum in Port Townsend, which it appears will happen again in 2013. I know we at Centrum are working with them to find additional gigs to help defray the air costs of bringing them up to the US.

However, check the Empty Sea web site, they do a pay per view, as part of their normal concert gig. You might be able to see them over the web, live. I can't vouch for their camera quality.

Their gigs in New York are pretty small too. Barbes maybe seats and stands 30 or so and one is a house concert in an apartment for somewhat near the same. There is a nice concert venue near me (about 1 hour or so north of NYC) that seats 125 and I am trying to get them a booking there the next time they are in town.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1