Thread: New bluegrass radio show hosted by mandolin player (Yours truly)

Registered User Justus True Waldron's Avatar

Default New bluegrass radio show hosted by mandolin player (Yours truly)

Hey everyone -

At the risk of just blatant self promotion I figured I'd let people know that I'm getting back on the radio and starting up a Bluegrass show I'm calling "Down The Line". It should be Mondays 6-8pm, and the first show is tonight. If you're in the upstate NY/Western VT or MA area you can listen at WRPI 91.5 fm, otherwise you can go here to stream it from anywhere in the world.

My 1 official rule for content is that I'll play anything acoustic as long as I know the musicians are capable of playing straight ahead bluegrass (read Punch Brothers, Bela Fleck stuff), but honestly I'll be playing mostly regular old bluegrass. My set list for tonight includes everything from Big Mon himself to the Stanley Brothers and The Country Gentleman through LRB, AKUS & The Johnson Mountain Boys and all the way to some modern bands. Should be a good time! Once I get things going I will hopefully be having interviews and some live bluegrass on the show as well, and I'm already getting people sending me awesome brand spanking new music. Feel free to give it a listen!

- Justus
    - 2004 Macica A
    - 1952 Selmer Centered Tone
    - Eastwood electric mandola
    (and lots more)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justus True Waldron For This Useful Post:

Default Re: New bluegrass radio show hosted by mandolin player (Yours tru

Thanks for the link! I LOVE Sirius/XM , but love to listen to other shows anytime I get the chance...Count me in as a listener tonight.

Awesome station, thanks for the thread, great programming and looking forward to next Monday...

Enjoying the show. Have it on my calendar for next Monday. 6:00pm EASTERN, 5:00pm CENTRAL.

By the way, is there any way you will consider posting a play list or make it available on the station website?

Thanks.

I will be posting my set lists at http://downthelinebluegrass.blogspot.com/ every week. Also, if you have any requests you can email downthelinebluegrass@gmail.com.... or just message me here I guess. Thanks for listening!
    - 2004 Macica A
    (and lots more)

Justus, Are you on Twitter? If so do you Tweet show reminders? I will follow or you can follow me: PLANOTXWX

I am, although I rarely use it... but was thinking about starting. I'll follow you! I think I'm TheJustache
    - 2004 Macica A
    (and lots more)

Just letting anyone know that might have been intending to listen - Due to the impending Frankenstorm RPI closed it's campus, which means the radio station is off and my show will be cancelled until next week. I'm a little disappointed, I mean it's not even raining here yet. Now what am I supposed to do with a 2 hour playlist of bluegrass songs about wind & rain? Looks like NJ is starting to get pounded, everyone stay safe!
    - 2004 Macica A
    (and lots more)

After being cancelled last week due to the superstorm my radio show is back on today from 6-8, and will be featuring last weeks playlist of bluegrass songs about.... wind and rain! If you like you can listen here.
    - 2004 Macica A
    (and lots more)

Hello,

For the technologically challenged, is it possible to listen to your show at a time other than the original airing? Thanks.

At this time, no. However that has started me thinking about it - as I go on and develop my show (I'd like to ultimately have interviews and live music) I will probably start recording my shows for myself, and if there is enough interest I could certainly convert them to mp3 and post them online.
    - 2004 Macica A
    (and lots more)