Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Lawlor - how a tenor guitar can and should be played

Default Re: John Lawlor - how a tenor guitar can and should be played

Quote Originally Posted by NAS View Post
    Absolutey fantastic, John certainly deserves recognition for his superb musicianship. I would love him to record a CD and would be prepared to put my money where my mouth is if it came to needing "crowd sourced" funds to make it happen.

Hearing John's playing has realy inspired me, I think the hunt for a second tenor to keep in standard tuning may be on (current one in GDAE)
    GDAE Tuning is slightly lower in pitch than the Bb F C G Tuning John uses so you'll get more Bass.

Default Re: John Lawlor - how a tenor guitar can and should be played

Quote Originally Posted by markjosephs View Post
    John Lawlor and his companion Julie Himes, flew from Philadelphia to Portland, the on to Astoria, Oregon for a rare performance that won the hearts of everyone attending. Google "TGG4 Astoria" to see John perform, as well as other highlights. John is working on his first solo CD ever, and plans to attend TGG5 next year. Best way to keep up is to join the Tenor Guitar Gathering FaceBook page.
    Sorry to jump on this thread so late! I saw a more recent video of an appearance John Lawlor made where I believe he was giving some sort of lessons, and he spoke glowingly to those in attendance about the Astoria, Oregon event. Don't know if you've seen it (and not even sure I could find it again), but thought you'd like to know.