Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fender MandoStrat Solidbody Electric Mandolin

Default Re: Fender MandoStrat Solidbody Electric Mandolin

What's the latest word on the quality of these? I wouldn't expect much at this price, but how does it compare to others in the range?

Lots of existing discussion on the reissue Mandostrats in the forum. This thread is a good place to start. Some folks think there are better values out there. I happen to love mine - YMMV.
    "Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know you can't make a living selling big trombones, no sir. Mandolin picks, perhaps..."

Well, I just order one for super cheap, so I can chime in soon enough!

Blog Entries

I love mine. It is my introduction into the emando world.

In other words, it is much more emando than I will likely ever need.
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....

I've got 2 Fender eMandos, both fun and decent sounding but different in their own way. I snagged the Robert Schmidt at about 1/2 retail! (And before some wise guy chimes in, yes, I took the foam out from under the bridge.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mando-fender.jpg 
Views:	6784 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	129531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mando-fender-robertschmidt22.JPG 
Views:	6211 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	129532

Maybe now I'll have to get the solid body also to complete my Fender eMando collection.

BTW, anyone know where I can get the "ashtray cover" for the bridge on the first one above?

Fender has made an 8 string electric mando before...
    Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Yet another way of replacing the stock bridge the mandostrat comes with, mine seemed very bad and couldn’t get the intonation dialed in for the life of me and would of lived with close but you know one string correct and the other one on the same saddle is not. I got “indie bridges” from cbgitty. There meant for like making your own cigar box guitar. And they worked great! I had to drill holes through the body to run the strings and place ferrules, I also had to cut away some of the pickguard, not all my work looks without blemish and I tried to get the string spacing as perfect as I could, but I worried maybe even little bit off I would notice in playability. But I just stringed it up and it plays amazing! the string spacing is perfect, and I was able to make the intonation super dialed in on each string and I think running the string through instrument made the tone significantly better. And it just feels and plays like a much more serious instrument now. Definitely recommend upgrading the bridge one way or another because the bridge it comes with is bad 👎. I also replaced the tone knobs because I though they were bulky didn’t look great with how small the instrument is. I got the replacement pickup from Almuse but I’m not rushing to install it because the one it comes with doesn’t sound bad as long as you position right from the strings to your liking. I think you could put off pickup until you got the bridge work and expenses out of the way. Best of luck to all the fender mandostrat buyers!