Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winter NAMM 2013 Pictoral

Default Re: Winter NAMM 2013 Pictoral

I was down there on Saturday afternoon and spent time in the Weber booth also. I was drawn immediately to the pumpkin top oval A w/the red sides so I pulled it down and spent a good 20 minutes with it. It looked good enough to eat,played and sounded very,very nice but my Rigel Q95 still has the edge for that sort of mandolin. I also liked the oval F that's labled a mandocello in your picture. It's hanging between a couple OMs and 'cellos but it's actually a 16" mandola. It had a tag on it saying "sold" but I was invited by the powers that be to pull it down and play it so I spent a while with that one too. I really - I mean really liked that one. And w/an MSRP of $6k - well I should. The thing I dislike about the NAMM environment though is the level of background noise when attempting to play and hear acoustic instruments.
    -Michael Johnstone-

I liked the Weber 2 point the best. This year I tried out lots of ukes due to the shortage of mandolins (for this large of a show) and my favorite was the Martins. Also this year the noise was completely out of control, they used to police that but I guess no more. It seems like half the people there stand in autograph lines and clog the aisles as well. The ratio of posers to legit industry business people is also getting out of control. I have been exhibiting there for a long time now and it's finally starting to really annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ken View Post
    ..Also this year the noise was completely out of control, they used to police that but I guess no more. It seems like half the people there stand in autograph lines and clog the aisles as well. The ratio of posers to legit industry business people is also getting out of control..
    Hear, hear!

Eric Hansen

I dropped by NAMM on Friday. I gave the Weber soprano mandolin a try. Wow, it was really sweet. The row of mandos below it were Mahogany topped. Mm, mellow...
    Eric H

Aloha a hui hou
    mandolin no ka 'oi

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Eschliman View Post

New Weber model, "The River."
    Beautiful. But what did the front look like?