Thread: Sharing Mandolin capabilities - Los Angeles California

Default Sharing Mandolin capabilities - Los Angeles California

Dear Mandolin lovers
    probably i will be in Los Angeles California this Feb 10 to Feb 17 (i will play my Mandolin music for a film "7ShortFilmsAboutLove"
    If so, it should be very nice to share capabilities and shown to you our ITALIAN MANDOLIN
    best regards
    Antonio Calsolaro
    following one of videos on Internet

2. The following members say thank you to Antonio Calsolaro for this post:

Default Re: Sharing Mandolin capabilities - Los Angeles California

That is a very beautiful waltz and your playing is wonderful. Do you know the name of this waltz? Can you post the sheet music for it?

Si tratta di un valzer molto bella e il tuo gioco è meraviglioso. Non si conosce il nome di questo valzer? Puoi pubblicare la partitura di esso?
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Thank you very much Jim, i really appreciate it, this is a very old ('800 - beginning of '900) and traditional Waltz music from Italy
    Please note that many of those have no name.... My father (Barber) started to collect them from early 900 and I'm working to make a complete collection of Mandolin music sheet. I have defined many of those music on sheets to be forever...
    There are hundreds of music sheet, waltz, polka, mazurka,....
    Hope to finish this big job the end of 2013 maybe early and will be published in a book... I will let you know for sure
    Christian / Antonio Calsolaro

Mille grazie!! I think I will just call is Antonio Calsolaro's Waltz. It must have been nice to get a haircut in the old days and hear mandolin music.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

I may be old but I'm ugly billhay4's Avatar

Very nice!
    Bill
    IM(NS)HO

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Calsolaro View Post
    Please note that many of those have no name.... My father (Barber) started to collect them from early 900 and I'm working to make a complete collection of Mandolin music sheet. I have defined many of those music on sheets to be forever...
    There are hundreds of music sheet, waltz, polka, mazurka,....
    Hope to finish this big job the end of 2013 maybe early and will be published in a book... I will let you know for sure
    Christian / Antonio Calsolaro
    Please do tell us, Antonio! I like to play duets of music like this with a guitar friend of mine, and a book like yours would expand our repertoire by hundreds of tunes.

Beautiful playing, too- you have a tremolo like a honeybee.

Blog Entries

Thanks, very beautiful and a great demonstration of tremolo for some of us less experienced mandolin lovers. Would love to get on the list for a copy of this music.