Thread: Scottish Mandolin and Guitar Weekend

Default Scottish Mandolin and Guitar Weekend

I would like to bring your attention to the Scottish Mandolin and Guitar Weekend which is being hosted by the Lanarkshire Guitar and Mandolin Association

This is a weekend of workshops, tuition, ensemble playing and sessions aimed at anyone wishing to improve their mandolin or guitar skills, from beginners to advanced players.

Tutors for the weekend are:
    Frances Taylor (Mandolin) -Frances’s Workshop "Stories and Conversations: the 18th Century Mandolin Sonata"
    Mirko Schrader (Classical Guitar) -Mirko’s Workshop "Communication within the Band"
    Barbara Pommerenke-Steel (Mandolin) -Barbara’s Workshop "Emotions in Music"
    Eddie Smith (Mandolin) -Eddie’s Workshop "Mandolin at the Movies".

I have attached the PDF "brochure" which gives detailed information about the weekend, the tutors etc. The application form is also attached Click image for larger version. 

Name:	130511_residential_leaflet_v FINAL.pdf 
Views:	146 
Size:	486.2 KB 
ID:	98452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	130510_residential_application_v-2.pdf 
Views:	108 
Size:	358.1 KB 
ID:	98453

Default Re: Scottish Mandolin and Guitar Weekend

That looks like a great event. I hope it's a big success. In an earlier lifetime I used to attend brass band music camps at Abington. If I was going to be in the country I'd certainly consider registering, but sadly I'll not be there at that time. Best of luck with it.

ron

Default Re: Scottish Mandolin and Guitar Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by blueron View Post
    That looks like a great event. I hope it's a big success. In an earlier lifetime I used to attend brass band music camps at Abington. If I was going to be in the country I'd certainly consider registering, but sadly I'll not be there at that time. Best of luck with it.

ron
    Thats very kind of you Ron. I'm sure it will be a great weekend, it's very intensive but the feedback from previous years has always been very encouraging. I think one of the great things about it is that it really does caterer for all levels of ability and one of the amazing things is seeing all these levels playing together at the end of the weekend as a full orchestra.

Best wishes
    Ian