Thread: Joachim Trekel ( "Haus der MusikTrekel") has passed away

Default Joachim Trekel ( "Haus der MusikTrekel") has passed away

I have just heard the sad news from Germany that the publisher, Joachim Trekel, died in hospital last night ( I think he was 76, and I beleive that he had been ill for some time).

His contribution to the music world was immense especially in Germany, and on his 60th birthday the Association of German Zupfmusiker (pluck stringed instrument players) awarded him the Associations gold medal for outstanding services. In 2006 at the European Guitar and Mandolin Festival (Bamberg Germany) he was bestowed with honoray membership of the BDZ (Bund Deutscher Zupfmusiker) the highest honor that the Association has ever given.

He is of course remember world wide for the business of "Haus der MusikTrekel", which in 2009 was passed into the safe hands of the next generation, Maren and Uwe
    Trekel.

Ian

2. The following members say thank you to trebleclef528 for this post:

Default Re: Joachim Trekel ( "Haus der MusikTrekel") has passed away

Thanks for letting us know the sad news, Ian.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

A decent man, and honest businessman. I always enjoyed our correspondence...

Thanks indeed Ian for informing us. I met Joachim several times and will remember him as a very kind and special person. I am sad to know he is not among us anymore...