Thread: Kaiserslautern Germany

Default Kaiserslautern Germany

Hi all. If anyone is ever looking for a jam in Kaiserslautern Germany please give us a hollar. We are just a small group of bluegrassers that get together occasionally to scrub off of few bluegrass classics. Feel free to drop us a line.

http://ramsteinareabluegrass.weebly.com/

Default Re: Kaiserslautern Germany

Just opened the café and saw this post. It was like coming home. I spent most of the 90's at Ramstein.

Good Luck and Happy Jamming to you all.
    MLT
    Oregon Mandolin Orchestra
    Classical Mandolin Society of America
    Labraid Cytole

bgmandolin, I have no clue whom I'm talking to and you may already be aware about this, but for more than 30 years now, this time from the Sept. 12 - 15, there is an annual informal bluegrass meeting in the Pfälzerwald (Lindelbrunn, near Bad Bergzabern and Vorderweidenthal). Won't get much better than that, you'll get your load of great people and bluegrass classics there for sure. Don't miss it. PM me, if you need more information.

We come through K town maybe 2-3 times a year.....I would love to pick some with yall sometime...Barry K

K Town is quite beautiful. I've got a good friend there that is a timberframer and a mountainbiker if you are of that ilk. I'll tell him of that festival Henry.He doesn't play, but likes listening
    '84 Flatiron A5-1 '85 Kentucky KM1500 '86 Flatiron a5-jr '27 Gibson A-jr '88 Flatiron Cadet..MAS anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Eagle View Post
    bgmandolin, I have no clue whom I'm talking to and you may already be aware about this, but for more than 30 years now, this time from the Sept. 12 - 15, there is an annual informal bluegrass meeting in the Pfälzerwald (Lindelbrunn, near Bad Bergzabern and Vorderweidenthal). Won't get much better than that, you'll get your load of great people and bluegrass classics there for sure. Don't miss it. PM me, if you need more information.
    Thanks for the info. I'm always looking for more and more places to pick. There are quite a few festivals now available to the European picker. It's amazing how much bluegrass has spread here in Europe. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by barry k View Post
    We come through K town maybe 2-3 times a year.....I would love to pick some with yall sometime...Barry K
    Barry, let me know next time you come through town. I'll send you an email via your website with contact information.

Had a wonderful time at the Lindelbrunn jam this last week. The group of folks I jam with in Kaiserslautern are so fired up now that we are having another jam this Friday. If there are any new pickers in the Kaiserslautern Germany area please contact me and we will set up a jam.

Please tell me this jam/group still exists.

Lindelbrunn is still going strong, next year from Sept. 13th - 17th.
    I'll shoot you a PM.