Thread: Looking For Guitar (or other instrument) in Minnesota

Default Looking For Guitar (or other instrument) in Minnesota

I'm putting together a duet (at most trio) project featuring a fair amount of originals done in traditional (old time, fiddle tunes, bluegrass, string band blues) formats as well as some interesting off-beat covers.

I need someone who likes to sing leads and harmonies, can pick some leads and is comfortable swapping these forms around. I envision this to be a long-term concern. I hope to be able to go after MN Legacy Art Grant funding. Gimme a holler if you know or ARE that person. Thanks!
    Lost on the trails of The Deep North

Default Re: Looking For Guitar (or other instrument) in Minnesota

Best of luck in this new project, Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Keller View Post
    I need someone who likes to sing leads and harmonies, can pick some leads and is comfortable swapping these forms around.
    Hi, Fred! I live in St. Cloud, which doesn't seem to be horribly far from Sandstone. I can't play a lick at this point (and speaking of which, I'd like to talk to you about taking Skype lessons) but love to sing. If you ever need an alto female voice for a project or just for fun jamming, shoot me a message!

Jennifer Wenzel

Sheesh. That vocal requirement kills it every time for me. Best of luck to you, Fred.

Also, maybe BandMix.com would help to do targeted searches for real musicians in your area. It's been around for a while, and to me, it looks like it beats Craig's List, anyway.

Thanks for the help and the tips! Jennifer, Groveland, maybe we should get together and pick just for fun, huh? Oh, and if you're ever in Mpls. on a Thursday, I lead a "bluegrass" jam (not really hardcore grass at the moment) at a place called Blackbird Music on 35th and Cedar Ave., right by Matt's Bar, the home of the juicy Lucy!
    Lost on the trails of The Deep North