Thread: Choro "É uma doçura" - W. Azevedo

Default Choro "É uma doçura" - W. Azevedo

Hello Mandolinist Colleagues,

I discovered an amazing choro tune yesterday. The name is "É uma doçura" composed by Waldir Azevedo, the greatest Brazilian Cavaquinho player.

This song was recorded originally on LP - "Pedacinhos do Céu" in the eighties (1980's).

It is possible to play it by ear and adapt for mandolin permance too.

More information is available in: http://www.discosdobrasil.com.br/dis...usica=MU022255

The first part of this choro can be listened in: http://www.discosdobrasil.com.br/dis...80MU022255.WMA

Musical Regards,

Carlos Gomes SJK-SP

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carlos Gomes SJK-SP For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Choro "É uma doçura" - W. Azevedo

Obrigado Carlos!

Speaking of Waldir Azevedo and "Pedacinho do Céu", here is a version of this tune that I ran across recently that I really like.

-David

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DSDarr For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up Re: Choro "É uma doçura" - W. Azevedo

Hi David,

Thanks for posting this very nice youtube video !!

The choromusic band "Isaias e seus Chorões" is really amazing. In my best knowledge, they are one of oldest choromusic band in activity nowadays in Brazil !!

Although "Pedacinos do céu" tune was originally composed to be performed for Cavaquinho players (Brazilian Ukulele), the version of attached video shows a pretty nice duo melody shared between cavaquinho solo (performed by Armandinho at Cavaquinho) and bandolin (performed by Isaias Bueno).

Musical Regards,

Carlos SJK-SP

6. The following members say thank you to Carlos Gomes SJK-SP for this post:

DSDarr