Thread: Mandolin and Banjo at 2013 Milwaukee Irish Fest Summer School

Default Mandolin and Banjo at 2013 Milwaukee Irish Fest Summer School

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to make sure folks know who'll be teaching at this year's Milwaukee Irish Fest Summer School. Martin Howley of We Banjo 3 will be teaching mandolin, and Enda Scahill will be teaching the tenor banjo class. More details on the website.

cheers,

Jeff

Default Re: Mandolin and Banjo at 2013 Milwaukee Irish Fest Summer School

I don't think you can go wrong with either teacher.

Enda literally wrote the book on Irish tenor banjo and has been a successful teacher in Ireland and here for years. Martin Howley is a superb musician and a great mandolin player who has a lot to offer. He too is a very successful teacher in Ireland and he contributed to the WeBanjo3 tunebook that I consider to be the advanced Irish tenor banjo work in the Scahill series (even though it isn't sold as such.

I will try and take both classes if possible (the school has a tendency to find out what classes I want to attend and then schedule them all at the same time) and WeBanjo3 is a definite "must see" at the Fest. Also, you get to hang around with them and play at the sessions if you go to the summer school.

Mike Keyes

Default Re: Mandolin and Banjo at 2013 Milwaukee Irish Fest Summer School

very much looking forward to seeing we banjo 3 in the Culturlann in Belfast in June, should be a great night.